Revelstoke, British Columbia, Canada | Virtual Railfan LIVE
- Published: 20 December 2019
- Actual start date: 11/14/18
You are watching a live stream of Revelstoke, British Columbia, Canada, for people who enjoy watching trains. It is hosted by the Revelstoke Railway Museum: railwaymuseum.com/
West Cam: smpb.info/video/FEfNcfkfobA/video.html
East Cam: smpb.info/video/l7eSO78-i78/video.html
Duplication or distribution of our videos is STRICTLY prohibited without permission. Official policy here: virtualrailfan.com/recording
Canadian Railway Map: bit.ly/2FypEdp
FAMILY-FRIENDLY CHAT RULES:
• Be polite and respectful
• Please use English, we need a single language to be able to understand each other. If you’re not fluent, please use a translator such as Google Translate: translate.google.com
• Don’t post in ALL CAPS or use excessive emojis, letters or characters.
• Don’t discuss politics, religion, race, sex, violence, disturbing details about train or vehicle accidents, or anything like that. We try to be mindful of any children who may be watching.
• Don't use the terms "foamer" or "foaming" in your comments or your username. Many railfans find them derogatory and offensive.
• The conversation here is trains, and please remember that it needs to come first. Off topic conversation such as music, sports, jokes, etc. is fine, but it must be kept in balance with on topic.
• Please keep conversations of personal issues (medical, domestic, legal, etc.) out of the chat; take it to messaging or email. Remember, you are sharing information with hundreds of people, not just those directly involved in the chat.
• Don’t ask to become a moderator. It’s earned. If we’re interested in your assistance, we will contact you.
• Please don’t use our chats to seek attention, stand on your soapbox, or criticize other people’s presences or contributions. This is not an exclusive club, we try hard to ensure that our chats feel welcoming to anyone who drops by.
• Just be nice, it’s amazing what happens when we’re all nice to each other.
THINGS THAT WILL GET YOU BANNED:
• Inappropriate usernames
• Asking for subscriptions (subs)
• Being intentionally disruptive, creating arguments or any other jerk-like behavior
• Not following the moderators’ instructions
ABOUT THIS FEED:
Revelstoke, British Columbia, Canada, in the Canadian Rockies, is located on the Canadian Pacific Railway (CP), where their Shuswap Sub meets their Mountain Sub. The Shuswap Sub runs to the west to Kamloops, BC (towards Vancouver, BC), and the Mountain Sub runs to the east to Field, BC, through Rogers Pass.
The CP traverses the Canadian Rockies over 2 passes. Rogers Pass, which is to the immediate east of Revelstoke, and further east, Kicking Horse Pass, which is to the immediate east of Field. Rogers Pass is at 4,360 feet (1,330 meters), and Kicking Horse Pass is at 5,339 feet (1,627 meters). To the west of Revelstoke is the lower Eagle Pass, at 1,804 feet (550 meters).
Among the freight trains seen here are unit potash, unit grain, and unit coal. Loaded westbounds feature both mid-train and end-of-train DPU’s, and empty eastbounds have fewer engines, both on front and as DPU’s. Many but not all eastbounds will stop to enter the yard, which is located to the east of the museum and cameras. Also seen are manifests, intermodal, and combined intermodal/manifest..
On occasion, the gates will activate, but will soon after deactivate, with no train, which is due to the switcher in the yard proceeding far forward enough to enter the crossing's track circuit.
There are no VIA Rail passenger trains through Revelstoke, however, during part of the year the Rocky Mountaineer can be seen.
There are 2 ATCS layouts, one for each sub, but there is no server coverage. No radio feeds are available.
There’s no schedule for freight trains, but some of our more knowledgeable members will provide real-time information when it’s available. Please refrain from asking.
ABOUT VIRTUAL RAILFAN:
Virtual Railfan currently has 77 cams at 47 locations in 22 states and 4 countries. Visit our website for memberships, more free cams, and our own live chat. Thanks for stopping by, we’re glad you’re here!
Know a good location for a camera? We’d love to hear! Please email us at email@example.com. If you have any contacts in the area, please let us know.